Already in this series of articles, we’ve talked about how your fiber internet connection from Public Service can:
- Connect you and your family to learning opportunities
- Help you keep your home and personal data secure
- Provide you with tools to stay healthy
- Allow you to work seamlessly from home
- Let you stay connected to friends, family, and communities worldwide
Now that we’ve done all those things, it’s time for some fun! In this month’s article, we’ll look at some of the fun, restful, or relaxing opportunities a lightning-fast internet connection provides!
Online Gaming Is Huge
Video games used to be pretty limited in terms of social engagement. Most games were either single-player or only multiplayer if the multiple players were all in the same place simultaneously. Early online games weren’t much better, with limited connection speeds and primitive networking technologies limiting most online play to slow or balky gameplay with the only person-to-person connection available through an inconvenient chat window.
With lightning-fast internet connections and significant advances in how players connect to other players worldwide, online gaming is now a real-time endeavor for even the most technologically demanding games. PC gamers, console gamers, and even casual gamers on their mobile phones can all connect with friends, family, or strangers for almost any game imaginable.
Several game services feature vast libraries of games for online play. Companies like Steam and Epic Games offer thousands of PC games that can be downloaded for play alone or with a full squad of like-minded gamers from around the world. Other platforms, such as the Xbox Games Store or PlayStation Store, provide the same kinds of games and services for console gamers.
Whether you’re ready to don armor and explore a medieval fantasyscape, take on the forces of evil in a modern combat simulator, explore the stars with your favorite sci-fi games, or just want a leisurely card game with friends, your fiber internet connection can keep you in the game!
Your Favorite Shows? They’re Streaming
If you’re not streaming, you don’t even know what you’re missing. Today, well over three-quarters of the US population subscribes to at least one streaming service, and most subscribe to more than one.
With every significant media outlet now offering its own streaming service and digging into their back catalogs to find more content to publish, you can now see not only your favorite TV shows and movies of today, but you can find a growing number of your favorite classic films and programs ready to watch at the touch of a button.
Want to go back to the cartoons you loved as a kid? The movies you would watch over and over again on VHS? That show that helped you unwind every week when you were in school? It’s probably streaming.
Streaming platforms usually come in one of three formats:
- Network- or company-specific platforms (Disney+, Peacock, Paramount+, Max) stream content created by or aired on the streaming company’s traditional broadcast or cable networks, along with new exclusives.
- Niche-specific platforms focus on content with one particular theme (True Story, for instance, is a documentary-focused platform) or a specific region (Acorn and BritBox specialize in streaming content created in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada).
- Broad platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video, and Apple TV stream various types of content.
Regardless of what strikes your TV fancy, a reliable and blazing-fast internet connection is vital to having a good experience streaming your favorite shows and movies.
If your idea of a relaxing afternoon is to spend it crafting, your speedy internet connection from Public Service can help you with your creative projects as well:
- Download tutorials and plans and watch how-to videos to learn new skills or get project ideas.
- Pair your PC with special tools like drawing tablets, vinyl/stencil cutters, or even 3D printers to take your projects from the drawing board to completion.
- Share your passion with the world through a podcast made possible by the reliable upload speeds of a fiber internet connection.
- Turn your hobby into an income stream by selling your handmade creations through an online marketplace like Etsy.
- Connect with others who share your interest in fly-tying, pottery, or anything else through social network groups.
No matter your hobby, there’s a wealth of information, fellow practitioners, and great project ideas out there, just waiting for you to enjoy.
Stay Entertained With Lightning-Fast Fiber Internet From Public Service.
Whether your idea of fun is an armed assault on enemy forces, movie night with the family, or building a better mousetrap, there’s something for you on the internet. That means you need the speed and reliability of Public Service’s fiber internet service. Call us today to get connected – 478-887-4267
Public Service has provided exceptional communications service to Middle and South Georgia since 1910. Public Service is in the 4th generation of family ownership and remains one of the oldest privately owned communication companies in the United States. Our mission is to bring the latest technology to rural and city customers, offering affordable prices and exceptional customer service.
Public Service offers service to customers in and around these South and Middle Georgia communities:
- Box Springs