Since 2022, certain eligible households have been able to receive discounted access to high-speed broadband internet through the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). This initiative offers households up to $30 per month towards internet service and a one-time discount of up to $100 to buy a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet.
Who Is Eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
Your household is eligible for the ACP if your total household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or if any member of your household receives any of the following benefits:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch or School Breakfast Program
- Federal Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits
Households on Qualifying Tribal Lands are eligible for other benefits described on the FCC’s ACP page.
How Can I Enroll in the Affordable Connectivity Program?
Enrolling is a simple, two-step process:
- Visit AffordableConnectivity.gov and fill out the online application or print and mail a paper application.
- Contact your preferred participating provider to find the discounted plan that’s right for you.
What Does the Affordable Connectivity Program Offer?
Households that participate in the ACP can receive:
- A discount of up to $30 per month for high-speed broadband internet service from a participating provider
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet purchased from a participating retailer
- You must contribute at least $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price of the device
- Other protections from the FCC, as detailed on the FCC’s ACP website (look under “How Does the ACP Protect Consumers?”)
Public Service Is Proud to Offer ACP-Eligible Services for Homes in Middle and South Georgia
Public Service’s fiber and DSL internet services are ACP-eligible for qualifying households. We are continuing to bring the infrastructure for high-speed, reliable internet to both urban and rural communities within the state, so ask us about how you can make the switch today: 478-847-4111